- The Initial assessment includes a full assessment of your problem by taking a comprehensive history followed by an assessment of your biomechanics, posture, joints and soft tissue quality and your overall movement. Please allow an hour for your first visit to the Harrogate Physiotherapy Practice. Please arrive 10 minutes early to fill in the necessary New Patient Registration forms.
- The Follow-up appointments can last up to 45min. Your condition/injury and overall progress are constantly re-assessed on each subsequent session.
The Harrogate Physiotherapy Practice is a registered provider for physiotherapy with:
- Simply Health
- AXA PPP
Please ask for details regarding other companies. We will give you a receipt for your treatment, which you can use to reclaim your treatment fees. Most insurance companies normally accept the itemised receipt. Please check with your company before you come for your appointment.
Please ensure you confirm with your insurance company that you are eligible for physiotherapy treatment at the Harrogate Physiotherapy Practice. Please bring your authorisation code/membership number to you initial assessment.
What to bring to your appointment:
- Any insurance paperwork, authorisation numbers, membership numbers
- Any consultant or GP letters pertaining to your condition or injury
- PLEASE BRING SHORTS (not leggings) and a T-Shirt to your session and bring your regular running shoes.
- Please wear appropriate underwear; occasionally it may be necessary for the physiotherapist to have direct access to the joint or muscle especially around the hip and pelvis.
The sharp pains subsided a few days after our consultation, and the disappearance of the long term dull pain is a great bonus too!