Physiotherapy Services we Provide
Following the initial assessment, treatment may include;
Our physiotherapy sessions have strong emphasis on hands-on treatment and it is delivered to an advanced level.
- Joint Mobilisation
- Spinal Manipulation
- Muscle energy techniques - A technique that uses light resistance to activate the body's reflexes to restore tissue tension and range of movement in the muscle and joint.
- Craniosacral techniques - Craniosacral techniques is a gentle way of working with the body using very light touch. The body is allowed to activate its own inherent healing capacities to improve dysfunction. Craniosacral techniques works with the whole person and changes may occur in body, mind and spirit during and after sessions.
- Soft tissue massage
- Myofascial Release - Specific soft tissue technique to improve movement, posture and function.
Exercises are specific to each client's set of circumstances and we consider function and levels of discomfort at all times.
- Educating patients on correct exercises to regain strength, balance and flexibility.
- Retraining co-ordination, timing and muscle balance to perform everyday tasks from walking upstairs to running a marathon.
- Biomechanical gait analysis
- Pre-habilitation to prevent future injuries
- Core and Pelvic stability training
- Gait analysis and running retraining
Yoga Sports Coaching
- Sport specific yoga techniques
- Breath awareness for sports performance
- Mobility for sports performance
- Mental Focus for sports performance
Pre- and Post operative Rehabilitation
- Maintenance of muscle strength and joint mobility prior to your operation to improve your outcome and prognosis.
- Individualised rehabilitation