Conditions we Treat
Before we start treating we use detailed assessment and clinical reasoning skills to determine the diagnosis and root cause of your specific issues. All treatments are tailored to the individual’s specific goals and needs.
Conditions we treat include:
- Back pain i.e Acute and chronic Low back pain, Thoracic pain: pain between the shoulderblades, Neck pain
- Referred Back pain i.e. Sciatica or nerve related symptoms causing pain down the leg, Pain radiating down the arm but originating from the neck, Referred pain around to the front of the chest or into groin from the thoracic spine
- Headaches - Tension Headaches from tense neck and shoulder muscles, Cervical Headaches: referred from the joints/muscles in the neck, Postural related Headaches, Headaches related to spinal nerve issues, Stomach Sleepers Headache
- Whiplash - Acute and Chronic Whiplash symptoms related to sudden impact to the head and neck when in a car accident
- Sacro-iliac and pelvic dysfunction - Pain in and around the pelvis due to chronic overloading i.e. poor sitting postures, squatting technique etc, Hyper or hypomobile hip and lumbar joint, Pregnancy (pre and post natal)
- Chronic Pain - Pain that has been present for more than 3 months and associated with altered pain threshold levels.
- Joint and muscle pain - Symptoms related to acute injury or overuse of the joint or muscle, Symptoms related to systemic issues i.e. Fybromyalgia or Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Arthritis Symptoms related to mild or acute Osteo-arthritis of any joint in the body
- Muscle imbalance/weakness - Postural issues/habits, Issues related to overactive and underactive muscles creating overload of certain parts of the body
- Biomechanics - Pelvic mal-alignment, Spinal mal-alignment, Foot posture issues, Poor movement mechanics in sport due to failed muscle sequencing
- Posture - Postural advice at work, home and sport, Movement strategies to reduce postural restraints, Ergonomic advice
- Acute & Chronic Soft tissue injuries - i.e. Acute ligament, tendon or muscle tears, Chronic ongoing issues due to previous injury or overload
- Tendinopathies- i.e. Tennis elbow, Golfers elbow, Plantar Fasciitis, Achilles tendinopathies, Patella tendinopathy, Gluteal tendinopathies( lateral hip pain)
- Breathing pattern dysfunction - i.e. Poor breathing patterns such as upper chest breathing due to poor posture, pain or restriction.
"I am now running pain free with a smile on my face and haven’t looked back!"