COVID-19 update (19 July 2021)
Your physiotherapist will continue to wear a mask and appropriate PPE at all times. We would require all our patients to wear a MASK during the treatment session. This is to protect both parties in a close contact environment. Thank you for your understanding at this time.
We look forward to welcoming our existing and new patients to the practice and we want you to feel safe in the knowledge that we take the health and wellbeing of our patients and staff seriously.
We have worked tirelessly and have implemented the guidance from our Regulatory Bodies (Chartered Society of Physiotherapy and Health and Care Professions Council), to ensure we have all the necessary precautions in place to enable us to safely see patients in person during this time.
Please carefully read the following:
Harrogate Physiotherapy Practice is implementing the following precautions for its staff and patients:
- The use of specified Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) by clinicians. This includes the use of a mask, gloves and apron.
- Clients will be asked to wear a surgical mask, which can be provided free of charge.
- Thorough cleaning of treatment rooms, clinical equipment, and frequently touched areas such as door handles, before each patient is seen.
- More time between patients to allow cleaning and ventilation of the room.
- Hand sanitiser will be made available for the use of patients before and after entering the treatment rooms.
- A "No waiting" room policy to ensure social distancing is possible. On arrival we request patients to wait in their car until their appointment time.
- On arrival, you may be asked to have your temperature taken by a member of staff using a hand held thermometer. This will not involve touching you.
We really want to make the face to face process as smooth as possible for you. More information will be given to you once you book your appointment.
If you are experiencing any of these signs and symptoms related to Covid-19 please reschedule your appointment:
- New continuous cough
- Increased temperature
- Loss or change to your sense of smell or taste
- Sore throat
- Extreme fatigue/ tiredness
Please also reschedule your appointment if you have been in touch with anybody with Covid-19 symptoms in the last 14 days or since scheduling your appointment.
If you are in the clinically vulnerable group of patients, please discuss this with your physio prior to your appointment.
If you have any questions regarding your potential visit to the practice please give Annelize a ring on 07850881937 or e-mail on: firstname.lastname@example.org